Automation Error
Jim Burns
2004-11-24 13:04:03 UTC
In VB6 When I use the data environment I get an automation error It says
Automation error element not found.
I reloaded VB6 many times but the data environment still wont work Why?
Mona (Grapecity)
2004-11-25 04:21:20 UTC
Hi Jim,

To use the data environment, under the Project menu, select Components.
Select Designer tab,you will see
add data environment then.
If it's not in that list, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Designer and
manually re-register MSDE.DLL and MSDERUN.DLL.
If the files aren't there, then you have a VB installation issue.

To know more about the error that you are getting, you can refer to the
following link
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;143042

HTH

Mona
Jim Burns
2004-11-25 11:47:52 UTC
MSDE & MSDERUN are reisterd when I select data env. from the menu I get the
Error.
When I un-reg tne dll its not on my menu.
Mona (Grapecity)
2004-11-25 12:51:13 UTC
Hi Jim,

I think it's a VB Installation issue if you are not able to find the files
while unregistering. You can check on another system by making a small
application and try to add the data environment there. If it works fine on
another machine then try registering the DLLs again on your machine
otherwise you can either un-install VB and then re-install it or just put
the CD and run the Repair option.

HTH

Mona